Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How important is the meaning of your name to you?

While picking baby names do you look at what the name means? how much importance do you place on the meaning of the name?How important is the meaning of your name to you?
Well, I always look up the meaning of my favorites names [just to have it on hand]. If it's a good meaning than that's great! All the better it makes the name! :) But if it has a bad meaning, well example: Mia means Sea of Bitterness. I don't really care, I still love the name.



=)
The meaning of my name is important to me. Because I'm named after my mom and dad. If I were to name someone else it wouldn't really matter the meaningHow important is the meaning of your name to you?
I look at the meaning but it doesn't really affect my decisions.How important is the meaning of your name to you?
It doesn't really mean much to me because every website says it means something different so i don't waste too much energy on it.
well my name literally translates to "mountain dweller" which is funny to me because i absolutely love the mountains. My mom didnt even know the meaning when i was named! it must be fate!
Not too much. I could care less about meanings, really. I think it's sweet when a name has a meaning I like, but I'm not going to eliminate a name from my list just because of a bad meaning.



Besides, I can never tell the accurate meaning of any name these days. There are a million name sites, all listing about 5 different meanings between them.
it depends on what it means....but i would say that it is pretty important...
Not much importance!
Depends. Sometimes I look for names with a specific meaning, especially while writing. If I'm trying to create a bad guy, I don't want their name to mean 'happy sunshine flower,' I want 'happy sunshine flower OF DOOM'



As far as kids go, I don't think its nearly as important. I think we define the meaning of the name by putting it on our children. Heather is Heather- a person, your daughter, not 'an evergreen flowering plant that thrives on peaty barren lands.'
Meaning is not really that important to me.



I tend to like names for their feel or style. And if I find out it has a nice meaning it's an added bonus. But it won't make me throw out a name if I find the name meaning less than pleasing.



For instance, one of my FAVE names means "blind" not exactly the best meaning. But, I don't mind.
Well coming from someone who's name means Black haha.....name meanings mean a lot to me. Not enough to change my opinion of the name...but I love finding a name I love that has an amazing meaning. I have a fascination with names and meanings so the first thing I do when I think of a name is look up the meaning. It's not the deciding factor on a name for me, but it does have a lot of meaning.



%26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment