Friday, January 27, 2012

What is are meaning of the names Camille and Camilla?

And do you like the names? I've never been a huge fan, but I'm writing a short story and the names just seemed to fit. Now they're growing on me. OH, and which one do you prefer?What is are meaning of the names Camille and Camilla?
Camilla was the name of a female warrior in the Aeneid. Camille is the French version. Here's a link for more info: http://www.behindthename.com/name/camill…



I like the names. Camilla does make me think of Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince Charles' lover.



I prefer Camilla because most people in the US say the French one cah-MILL, when it should be cah-MEE. And Camilla can go by Cami or Milla or Mila or Ami or Calla. I love how nn-rich it is.What is are meaning of the names Camille and Camilla?
I like Camille, but I'm not huge on Camilla all that much which is odd considering the names are so similar.



Camilla is of Italian origin and means perfect, whilst Camille means exactly the same but is of French origin instead.



VictoriaWhat is are meaning of the names Camille and Camilla?
I prefer Camilla because it sounds prettier. It's not very nice to me, but it's your opinion that matters. Anyway, to answer your original question, Camilla means Free-born and noble. That sounds pretty cool. And just in case, Camille means flowers I think.



God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment