Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If you had to name your children based on the meaning of their names, what would you name them?

Sorry about the bad wording.





In other words, what is your favorite meaning for a name, regardless of whether it's your favorite name or not?





Please list one boy name and one girl name, and their meanings.





Thanks :]





BQ: How important is the meaning of a name to you?|||-- Felix (means: Happy, Lucky)





-- Allegra (means: Happy, Lively)





BQ: Honestly, it doesn't matter much to me. It matters if the name I picked for my daughter meant "Son of ____" like Addison does because that means that the name was masculine and I'd hate for my daughter's name to mean that. Other than that though, it doesn't matter much





:)|||My least favorite girl name has my favorite meaning:


Renesmee - Teribble I know, a made up twilight name. However the meaning is "Reborn and Loved" and I find that so sweet. However the meaning of Esme "loved" is enough to settle me and atleast it doesn't make me gag :)








My least favorite meaning of a girl name is actually a pretty name:


Tara - With the meaning "Craggy hillside" lovely...





My favorite meaning of a boy name is the ever unusual:


Noach - meaning "Peace, rest" I think it is a great message :)





My least favorite meaning of a boys name is the terrible name:


Kennedy - with the lovely meaning "Ugly Head"





BQ: I honestly don't care my three favorite names have the meaning "Red, From Lydia Greece and From Anna and Belle"|||For girl, Teagan (little poet) or Aiyana (eternal blossom/forever flowering)... I might make it Aiyana Teagan so all together- Forever flowering little poet. For a boy, I like the meanings of Gavin (white hawk of battle) and Dante (enduring), so Dante Gavin could be Enduring white hawk of battle. =P





BQ- It's pretty important to me. It's disappointing when you're a kid and you find out your name has no cute meaning.|||Here are some of my picks, I know I wen a bit overboard! Please indulge me!





Ladies First:





Talia- Dew from Heaven


Calista- Most Beautiful


Bridget- Strength, Power


Nadia- Hope


Milagra- Miracle


Blythe- Free Spirit





And now for the Boys:





Ethan- Strong


Griffith- Strong Warrior


Asher- Frotunate, Happy, Blessed One


Derek- Power of the Tribe





I think that a name's meaning is trivial. The truth of the matter is that you fall in love with the name, not the meaning. Your daughter will not be called "Dew from Heaven" she will go by Talia. In addition, social associations are stronger tied to a name than meaning. For instance, the meaning "Noble wolf" sounds masculine and strong. Then, you realize that the name with this meaning is Adolph, and no matter how cool your son his, his name will always be associated with Hitler and genocide. Is it nice to have a lovely meaning behind the name? Yes! But, it is never a deal breaker. Fall in love with a name, not a meaning. A NAME is what counts in the end|||Beatrice. It's not my favorite name but I love the meaning "she who brings happiness"


Runner up: Amara, "lovely forever"





BQ: Not too important, I love when a name I like has a great meaning but I still like Brody for a boy, even though it means muddy ditch.|||I don't really have *favourite* meanings, so:


* I'd probably still name my daughter Serena Belle, my favourite name, because it means "serene beauty".


* I'd probably still use Nathaniel Blake for my son, as it means "fair gift from God" and my partner is a Christian.





:)





BQ - not at all :)|||i like these names:





Brielle: God is my Strength (LOVE this meaning by far my favorite!!!)


Dominic: Belonging to God


Joel: God will be willing


Josie: God will add


Calista: most beautiful


Cadence: Rhythm


Charlie: Free man


Lucian: (lou-shun) Light


Anakin: Warrior|||-- Caroline - "Beautiful Woman"


-- Isaiah - "God is Salvation"





BQ - Honestly, the meanings of names isn't important to me at all.





鈾バ何毖冣創褦褦 鈩撗兾肺?|||Boys:





Caden - Fighter (Not only is this my faveorite name, i love the meaning.)








Girls:


Leighton- from the town by the meadow ( This is my faveorite girl name!, and the meaning seems very beautiful)|||Boy: Connor - Means "Wolf Lover"





Girl: Davina - Means "Beloved"





BQ: The meaning of a name is not important to me at all.





:D|||Nathaniel :Gift of God


Anaia: God answered|||Sophia - wisdom|||Cadence - Rythm


Kaden - Fighter :)





* Oh and its pretty important,


Going on a name that means " sour "


:(|||Bee Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment