Friday, January 27, 2012

What do you think of Evelyn? names meaning bird?

What do you think of the name Evelyn? Is it too old fashion? It means Beautiful Bird.



I want a girls name that means bird, or a type of bird, or something about birds.



Like Ava, but less common. The meaning doesn't have to be just bird, but a type of bird too or something related.What do you think of Evelyn? names meaning bird?
Robin

Skylark

Phoenix

Wren

Jay

Dove

Raven



Aderyn "bird"

Kestrel- English name derived from the name of the bird of prey, from Old French cresserelle, a derivative of cressele, meaning "rattle," in reference to the sound of the bird's cry.

Avis "bird"

Doli- Native American Navajo name meaning "bluebird."

Quilla- "feather, quill."

Suzume- Japanese name meaning "sparrow."

Zipporah- "Bird"

Sora- "Chirping songbird"

Branwen- "holy raven"

Paloma - "dove"

Oriole- "golden bird"

Eerin- "A small grey owl"

Penelope- "duck"

Teal- "A water bird"

Yara- "A seagull"

Tori- "my turtledove."

Celandine- "a swallow bird."

Alouette- "lark"

Lynette- "bird"
I LOVE Evelyn. And so what if it's old-fashioned. Look at the names that are super popular right now - Emma, Hannah, Isabella, etc - they were considered "old lady names" just a couple years ago, and now half the babies in country have those names and people are avoiding them because they're too "trendy!" A child named Evelyn will have a beautiful name that's familiar but not so common that it's overused.



Evie is a cute nickname, too! (pronounced either "ee-vee" or "eh-vee" - both are cute).



Other bird names:



Dove

Lark

Wren

Raven

Robin

SwanWhat do you think of Evelyn? names meaning bird?
Evelyn to me is an old lady name. I worked for years as a nurse aide and had several Evelyns who were patients. However that generation will be long gone by the time a baby born today grows up into adulthood. It won't be seen as an old lady name anymore. That aside the name isn't bad at all. I wouldn't choose it but I wouldn't put the name down.What do you think of Evelyn? names meaning bird?
Congrats on your baby girl! My friend just named her baby Evelyn and at first I thought it was too old fashioned but after seeing her grow a little bit she fits into her name.

Bird names:

Robin or Robyn

You can nickname her pigeon

Blue is a cool middle name like Blue jay.

Dove is a cool middle name.
Evelyn is my grandmothers name. I've always loved it. My most recent cousin was also name Evelyn after grandma, and we call her Evie (eh-vee)...a little more updated of a nickname for a beautiful old name!
ALONDRA

Lark (bird)

Origin: Spanish



CALANDRA

Singing Bird

Origin: Greek



ERLA

Wagtail Bird

Origin: Scandinavian



IBIS

Long-legged Bird

Origin: Latin



MERLE

Blackbird

Origin: English





PALILA

Bird

Origin: Hawaiian



SACAGAWEA

The Bird Woman

Origin: Native American



WREN

Small Bird

Origin: English
I think that Evelyn is a pretty name. Here are some others you might like:

Eileen- Beautiful bird

Merle- Blackbird

Talon- Bird claw

Jaylyn- Beautiful Jay bird

Raven- Blackbird

Alondra- Lark

Kanoni- Little bird

Sephora- Bird
Very pretty and elegant.
I love Evelyn, one of my favorite names. You can use Eva or Evie as a nickname. And it's not too old fashioned. It was #100 on the top 100 names of 2008.
I think Evelyn is a beautiful name!

Robin is pretty also.
I like Eva or Eve better. I don't like Evelyn.
Evelyn and Ava are my favorite names. :)
I like Evalyn (so Eva- Lynn) which combines the other two!
Evelyn reminds me of an egg.



Ava is pretty. I've never met anyone with that name.
Brenna, it means raven
i have a friend named evelyn and robin:)
I really like the name Evelyn
I never did like that names---it is for old ladies. How about WREN?

No comments:

Post a Comment