Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do you care about the meaning of the names you like? Like if it's masculine for a girl?

Like do you care if your daughters name is masculine like Madison- son of Matthew or Addison- son of Adam. Does this really affect ur decision or do u even care?



My take- I don't care. If it was a common name for either gender, I'd use a super feminine name or a very masculine name to balance it out. I prefer Addison n Madison for girls.|||You know that saying that sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you? Well, it's a big fat lie. Words hurt forever while physical wounds heal.



I believe words and names have power. I would never use the names Claudia, Cecilia, or Blaise because of their meanings. It's the same thing as never saying your grandmother was sick when she's not. "When you see someone who is not disabled park in a handicapped space, you know that God can fix it where they can park there legal-like," according to a friend of mine.



Addison and Madison are unisex names. Once upon a time people used terminology such as "mankind". "Mankind" did not mean men alone, it meant humanity. The suffix -son used to mean descendant of, not necessarily a boy child of. Although to be fair, most probably weren't that interested in the female children.



I think that if you like it, if your significant other likes it, and you have thought out whatever kind of issues that the name may raise, that if you still want to use it, then it's no one else's business, including mine.



By the same token, if a mother wants to name her son Madison or Addison, we cannot take offense.



One mother on here once claimed to have named her new son Crimson James. Now to me, that's odd.|||It depends if the name sounds like it suits that gender and whether or not there are a lot of kids of the opposite sex with that name too. My sister's middle name is Ashleigh which was also popular for boys when she was born, and my mum chose not to use it as a first name because she didn't want people asking if she was a boy or girl. Nowadays it is more popular for girls, so I would definitely use Ashley/Ashleigh because I think it sounds feminine and suits a girl more than a guy (I think Ashton is better for a boy). I wouldn't use a name that sounded masculine though like Carson or Spencer though, no matter how popular they become for girls I still don't see anything girly about those names at all.|||I honestly could care less as long as the name is pretty. :)
  • facial body
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment