Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do the names Jareth and Iris sound good together?

They are a couple for a novel I'm writing. It's a modern fantasy for Young Adults. I'd like the names to be meaningful, unique, but not too outlandish. The name Iris is significant to the storyline, and is permanent. That is, unless someone can suggest a better name meaning with indicators of balance. Jareth is the Goblin King, but I'm wondering if it's too distinct to use for myself? It's meaning is perfect. Jared = descent and Gareth = gentle.|||I love them both, and think they sound great together. I also like how you made "Jareth" out of a combination of two other meaningful names. :)|||I like them both! They sound distinct and something about them sound lovely together!|||I think they sound fine together, but like you said, Jareth is the Goblin king. I immediately thought of the Labyrinth.

No comments:

Post a Comment