Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why do some girls have guys names and vice versa?

There are epicene names, better known as gender-neutral names meaning specific names can be given to either a boy or a girl although there are some gender-neutral names more common for girls and some more common for boys. Some of these names I think are weird for the other gender If it's most commonly used with a different gender. "Dylan" is a unisex name more common for boys, and for some people it's a "weird" name for a girl.





Have there been any girls who go by the name "Matt"?|||a very interesting question. Francis is a common one like that. I have yet to meet a female Matt, though I did meet a female Michael.|||its called unisex meaning made for boys and girls like the name joel,cole,franky and many more. its completely normal.|||haha one time in HS a guy named Kelly was going out with a girl named Jerry. I found it funny|||Why not? Most the "epicene" names started out with a strong gender bias. Some parents either wanted the other gender, or just got attached to a name and used it regardless. I think parents should use care and sympathy when naming their kids. But if a person is fine with it, who cares what gender of the other 80% of people with their name are? And it depends on where you are from. some of the traditional "gender neutral" names I think sound like male-only or female-only. And some names which are tagged with a strong gender bias, I think should be more neutral.|||i dont know but i like Lain and Ryan for a girl...|||Dylan is very common here in boys... my name is Dylan. = P


I still love my name, though. I've never met a girl with my name, though, it might be cool.|||im sure there has been a female matt.. its normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment