Thursday, February 9, 2012

Names meaning sharp/dull/clear?

I'm writing a story and struggling to find a suitable name for a male character. A key point of the story is this character's eyes resembling glass, so I want a name that has either a bright, clear, colorless sort of meaning or one with broken glass qualities (sharp, fragile, etc), or at least just eyes/sight in general.





If it helps, here's a bit of the story I'd like it to match: "Glass that reveals and reflects. Glass that glistens and shatters. Glass that captivates and traps."





I've looked so hard but can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere online... Suggestions?





(I'd prefer names that aren't terribly common but not ridiculously obscure, and nothing too foreign.)|||I found one that means ‘sharp eyes’ but I think it’s a bit over the top; it’s an African name: Masomakali



Saxon means ‘sharp blade’.



Nevertheless, you probably have a better feel for the name you want and the adjectives that might describe that name, so, the following two websites will allow you to type in a meaning and return a name. My only warning is to keep the meaning to one word to get better results.



http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com…

http://www.babynames.com/Names/search.ph…|||The word "clarus/clara" means "clear" in Latin. So, maybe something that has to do with that, like Clair (which is the masculine form of Claire) or Claro.|||Ecstatic

No comments:

Post a Comment