Friday, February 10, 2012

Know any pretty female Japanese names with the meaning eternal?

Like Eternal Dreams, or Eternal Silence or something of that nature. I would fiddle with the Japanese names/words myself but I know I'd royally screw it up.


And in case you're wondering, it's for a story.|||Ayaka - (史佳) meaning "excellent history"


Towa (永) "eternity"


Ea (永愛) "eternal love"


Emi (永見) "eternal hope"


Nami (永海) "eternal ocean"


Haruka (永佳) "eternal beauty"


Eika (永華) "eternal flower"


Eishi (永史) "eternal history"


Eihi (永灯) "eternal light"


Tsuneka (永日) "eternal days"


Towae (永絵) "eternal painting"


Hisae (永恵) "eternal kindness"


Mirai (永遠) "eternal distance"


Kirara (永遠輝) "eternal shining distance"|||EDIT: Ah. T_T I wouldn't have answered if I'd seen DYAM's answer. Since DYAM actually speaks Japanese, I'd trust them a lot more than me. xD

--

Well ... be careful, because -I don't speak Japanese-.



But ... two actual female Japanese names are:

久子 Hisako - means something like "child of a long time -%26gt; eternity"

and

永子 Eiko - means something like "eternal child"/"child of eternity"

I searched on the Japanese Wikipedia and found pages about people with those names, in order to verify their existence. ^_^

子 "ko" is a common suffix for female names meaning "child" (which is why I tried those names). So uh, I at least know that these names sound fairly ordinary in Japanese; not very special. ^_^; I don't know how pretty they are to the average Japanese person, though.



Well ... yeah. I'll edit if I find any nice ones, but don't trust me! I can't speak Japanese at all; I just -think- I know what I'm talking about. ^_^; Dangerous, eh? Sorry, heh. I hope this helps anyhow.



EDIT 2:

Well, following DYAM's answer, I suppose 永美(Emi) or 永美子(Emiko) are also possible. ^_^ They mean the same thing as Kumi, but I'm not sure how common they are. Anyhow ... =X *sigh* sorry.|||How about Kumi or Kumiko? Literally, Kumi ( 久美 ) means eternal beauty and Kumiko ( 久美子 ) means eternally beautiful woman. Both are common names in Japan.|||mugen is the word for eternal. there isn't really a name for those... sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment