Thursday, February 9, 2012

What are your thoughts on the following two names?

Boy -%26gt; Noah


Girl -%26gt; Amity





I do love Noah, but I get the beardy-man image in my head. I'm not fussed that Amity happens to be the beginning of Amityville, as it is a virtue name meaning "friendship". I don't tend to like virtue names, but there's just something about this one.





I just don't know. Honest opinions wanted :) Thank you.|||Oh, where to begin with Noah? I'll admit, it is a very sweet-sounding, strong, handsome name. But, my Lord, it has absolutely sky-rocketed in popularity here in the U.S. I feel like there's a baby being named Noah left and right [both boys and *gags* girls], and it's been that way the for the past five years or so. Part of me really does like it, because it's the name of my best friend's boyfriend, and he's a great guy [the only Noah I know my age, by the way.] But, I could never use it because of how common and predictable it's become. However, if popularity isn't an issue where you live, then I see nothing wrong with it.





Amity... hm, I don't think I've ever heard this one. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have even put two-and-two together about Amityville Horror, so I don't think I'd let that get in the way of your preference. I think I might like it more if you hadn't have told me that it's a virtue name, which now makes it a total turn off for me [like Destiny %26amp; Charity... ick.] I guess this one might be more of a subtle one, though, and maybe I could see it more as a name than a noun eventually [like Grace %26amp; Joy.] Besides the fact that it's a virtue name, I can see the appeal. It has a unique, likable feel to it and I think it would probably grow on me the more and more I heard it / thought about it.





:D|||%26gt;%26gt; Noah {9/10}


I adore the name Noah. I'm a complete atheist, so I rarely think of the bible when I hear it. It's short and sweet, but it still sounds strong and masculine. Plus, it's the kind of name that ages really well and goes with pretty much every middle name. It's only bad point is it's popularity.





%26gt;%26gt; Amity {9/10}


Again, I adore this name. I actually sort of like the Amityville connection; I'm fascinated by horror movies. And I also like that it has such a nice meaning alongside this. It's one of the very few word names I actually like, and the only virtue name I like (other than Grace). Very sweet and feminine, but still spunky and classy.|||Noah - it's my 3rd favorite biblical name for a boy. I love it! I love so many different combos with it. I do think of Noah's Arc but it would never stop me from loving it!





Amity - it's different but i've never been too keen on it. I think i prefer it as a middle name or a guilty pleasure one.





Lisa Michelle x x lol x x|||I, too, love Noah. The only problem is, I know a bratty kid named Noah. So, every time I think of that name, I think of him. Amity is pretty, don't get me wrong, but I do think of "The Amityville Horror" every time I hear it. I love the meaning as a virtue, though!





鈾パ曃眗褍|||I agree with you on both! I like Noah a lot but I get an old man with a beard image in my head. I LOVE Amity! Im worried about the Amityville Horror connection too but its so cute and I dont like most virtue names either. I would probably use both as middle names. I really like:





James Noah


Jasper Noah


Lucas Noah





Charlotte Amity


Caroline Amity


Juliet Amity


Lauren Amity


Violet Amity


Eden Amity


Salem Amity


Rose Amity|||Noah could be "old man with a beard" but what I really think of is a "young funky guy" who doesn't have a common name and stands on his own 2 feet.





Now for Amity, I'm not sure....but if you like, that's all that really matters.|||Noah is okay. Amity - uh, I don't think so.





Amityville Horror is what the kids will call her. They'll say, "Hey Amityville Horror, killed your family yet?"





Amity Island is where JAWS took place.|||Both are on my favourite lists. Noah is very high up there, and Amity is a dark horse. I love Amity Beatrice. I agree. Amity just has a nice sound, and has a nice meaning.|||noah and amity is very cute :)





noah is become more and more popular and amity is very very uncommon :)|||Amity sounds like calamity.|||Noah and Amity is very nice names :)|||Noah is okay.


Amity...I don't like it very much.|||I like Noah, but not Amity.|||I love them.Noah is one of my faves.|||I love them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment